Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Amy's Spinach Pizza Pocket

Since I tend to go out to dinner and cook more over the summer, I eat my frozen meals less often.  Therefore, my freezer has been stuffed with various frozen meals, so I figured it was best to finally eat one of them.  I settled on the Amy's Spinach Pizza Pocket for tonight because I haven't had it in a while and have been craving pizza.



This is one of my favorite Amy's meals because it doesn't sacrifice flavor in order to be healthier.  The pocket itself has a pretty thick dough around it, which is my favorite part.  That is not to say, however, that the filling isn't great because it is.  It has the perfect ratio of spinach to sauce and cheese so that you can really taste each ingredient.  You can either heat it in the microwave or toaster oven, but I would highly recommend the toaster.  Even though it takes 25-30 minutes, it is worth it because the dough gets a nice crunch to it and the inside gets warm and melty.  I made the mistake of trying to eat it right away when I first made this, but after that first experience I learned that it is best to let it sit for a few minutes.  If you don't, the filling will fall to the bottom when you pick it up to eat, and you will probably burn your mouth like I did!

Overall, I highly recommend this Amy's meal for a delicious and easy dinner (or even lunch) option.  It is super easy to make and is much healthier than anything similar from a pizza place.

No comments:

Post a Comment