Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bareburger

Something about July 4th always gets me in the mood for a good burger and fries.  Even though it isn't until tomorrow, my sister and I decided to have our burgers a day early and we paid a visit to Bareburger.  I love Bareburger because not only is it only 5 minutes from my apartment, but everything there is organic and they have a large selection of different meats to choose as your patty.  Inside, there is a very cool "hippie" vibe, which I think goes along with the natural, organic theme.  You can really get creative here with your choice of burger, bun, toppings, cheese, sauce, etc., but I tend to keep it pretty simple.  In the past I have gotten their beef burger which is very delicious and juicy, but today I decided to go for the turkey burger.  In addition to those, they offer a veggie, bison, elk, ostrich, and lamb burgers (there may be more I just can't remember!), and they even put a little informational card on all of the tables that has the fat breakdown of each option so you can be fully informed before making your choice.  All of the patties are 6oz, which is the perfect size.

For the buns, I always go for the brioche because it is soft and delicious, but you can also get multigrain, gluten free, or even a lettuce wrap.  I chose to go for the classic lettuce, tomato and onions as my toppings, but they also offer pickles, avocado, cheese, bacon, etc.  They also have a lot of specialty sauces that you can get, and I decided to try the honey mustard.  I also got a side order of french fries because I can never eat a burger without having fries with it!  My sister got the california burger, which has cheddar, avocado, watercress, onions, tomatoes, and salsa verde, in a lettuce wrap.  It is recommended to have the veggie burger with that combination, but she chose to get the bison burger instead.

The turkey burger was juicy and delicious, and exactly what I had been craving.  The combination with the onions, honey mustard, ketchup, and the soft brioche roll really elevated it and I would definitely order this combination again.  I only ate half since I was trying to control myself, but it was a struggle.  

The fries here are amazing also.  While they are a bit salty, they are nice and crispy.  Again, it was a struggle to not eat all of them and I really had to put my self control to the test!  My sister also enjoyed her bison burger, even though it was very messy because of the lettuce wrap.  

In addition to the burgers here, they also make their own homemade sodas, milkshakes, cute little sliders, chicken fingers, onion rings, salads, and much more.  I love coming here because everything is organic and fresh, so you don't have to feel too bad about yourself after eating a burger and fries!  There are also not many places in the city where you can choose between a bison, elk, and ostrich burger!  Even though a Fatburger just opened across the street from them, you should definitely come here instead and enjoy a delicious and healthy(ish) meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment