Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gianfranco's Pizza

This is going to be a pretty short post because I have only gotten food from Gianfranco's once, but it is definitely worth discussing.  We moved out to Westchester a few years ago, but I live in the city now so the time I spend out at my house is rather scarce.  When I do go out there, I usually either eat at my house or we go out to our usual few restaurants.  But, this past weekend was different because I got to spend a few days at my house and had just had a minor surgery, so instead of being extra careful with what I ate I gave in to temptation.

I speak to my mom multiple times a day, and usually at least once a week I catch her while she is picking up food from Gianfranco's, a pizza place in Bedford Hills.  I had never been, but she goes a lot to pick up some of their pastas and main dishes to keep in the fridge, since it always tends to be a crowd pleaser in the house.  While I was out at the house this week, I decided that I would pick up lunch from there one day and finally get to eat their famous wrap, the Boss Wrap.
This wrap creation seems so genius, that you would think every pizza place offers if.  But no, I have never heard of such a wonderful creation until Gianfranco's.  Inside the wrap is just three ingredients: penne alla vodka, mozzarella cheese, and chicken cutlet.  You really can't go wrong with that combination, and it is even more delicious than it sounds.  It is a pretty hefty wrap so I ate half for lunch and then re-heated the other half for dinner, but it was well worth it.  The penne alla vodka was amazing, the chicken cutlet was great, and the cheese was nice and melty.  While it may seem odd at first to have pasta in a wrap, put your skepticism aside and try the Boss Wrap-- you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment