Thursday, May 30, 2013

Peanut Butter, Banana and Jelly Panini

One of my favorite lunches that I usually treat myself to about once a week is a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, with banana.  To elevate it even more, I put it on the panini press for a few minutes so that the peanut butter gets all melty and delicious.  I make it with 2 slices of Weight Watchers Whole Wheat Bread, 1 tbsp of Skippy Roasted Honey Nut Creamy Peanut Butter (the BEST peanut butter in my opinion), 1/2 of a banana, and 1/2 tbsp of this amazing Cherrycot Jam that I get at the farmers market in the city.  Even though it may sound like the quantities are small, they are more than enough once you start to spread it on the bread.

I am a huge peanut butter fan so this sandwich is one of my all time favorites.  It feels like a treat, but it really is not too unhealthy since I measure out the quantities and don't allow myself to go overboard with the amount of peanut butter, since it is pretty fattening.  Adding the banana and putting it on the panini press are essential for me because it really brings out the flavors of each component, and makes it more of an adult version of the classic PB&J

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! I will have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete