Thursday, May 30, 2013

Trader Joe's Frozen Pizza Primavera

I usually try to cook twice a week, but during the summer it gets tricky as I tend to be more busy and work later, so I usually end up eating frozen meals once or twice a week.  On my recent trip to Trader Joe's, my sister and I went a little crazy in the frozen section and ended up with enough frozen food to last us a month.  One of the purchases that I was most excited about was the "Reduced Guilt" Pizza Primavera.
From the box, it looked like it would have a lot of nice veggies on it and be a decent size.  And, at only 250 calories, it seemed like a nice and healthy alternative for my pizza cravings.  Upon opening the box, however, I was a little disappointed.  It was a lot smaller than I thought, and the sauce, toppings, and cheese were all concentrated in the middle, leaving a lot of bare space.  I hoped that after cooking it in the oven for 10 minutes the cheese would spread out and look a little more appealing, but unfortunately it did not.  
Overall, the vegetables were mostly just eggplant (as you can see in the picture), and there was barely any cheese.  It also tasted kind of watery.  I guess my expectations should have been lower since it is just a 250 calories frozen pizza, but I had hoped for a lot better.  I can't comment on their other frozen pizzas, since Trader Joe's does offer a lot of different varieties that look good, but I can say that I will not be buying this one again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment