Thursday, May 30, 2013

Trader Joe's Dried Baby Sweet Pineapple

I have a few items that are considered a staple in my snack cabinet, and Trader Joe's Dried Pineapple is one of them.  I usually grab a handful every morning as a nice and sweet pick me up.  It is the best dried pineapple that I have ever had, because it is nice and sweet but it actually retains the pineapple flavor and does not taste like pure sugar, since it is unsweetened and unsulfured.  Don't let the label "unsweetened," fool you, however, because these are pleasantly sweet.  Each serving is 130 calories and has 20% Daily Value of Fiber!  There are 4 servings per bag, but I usually just grab a handful and the bag lasts me over a week.
I highly recommend this product, as it is tasty and sweet, yet also healthy and not sugary or over-processed.  I should also note that the Trader Joe's near me recently was out of stock of this product for about a month, and I internally started to panic that I would not be able to get my pineapple fix!  Luckily for me, I had about 3 bags on reserve (when I like something, I tend to stock up).  On my recent trip back to Trader Joe's, they had restocked and I snatched up about 6 more bags.  Yes, I recognize that may have been a bit overboard, but they don't expire for a year, so why not?  Regardless, if you are a fan of dried fruit but prefer not to overload on sugar, you should buy this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment