Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Amy's Light & Lean Spinach Lasagna

Since I have been on a Trader Joe's kick lately, I have been neglecting all of the Amy's meals that I have in my freezer.  Amy's has always been my go to brand for frozen items because it is much healthier than other frozen food brands, is uses organic ingredients, and all of the meals that I have had are delicious.  I tend to go for the Light & Lean varieties because they are lower in fat and calories than the regular Amy's meals, but there are a few others that I do buy.

Generally, my freezer has a Spinach Lasagna, Spinach Pizza Pocket, Teriyaki Wrap and Spaghetti Italiano on reserve.  Recently, I have also added the Quinoa & Black Beans with Butternut Squash to the mix, since it is their newest variety.  The lasagna, spaghetti italiano, and quinoa are all light & lean, and are under 300 calories.

Tonight, I decided to go back to the Amy's meals and temporarily take a break from the Trader Joe's brand, so I chose to have the Spinach Lasagna.

The portion size of the lasagna is very generous, and you would never be able to guess that it is only 250 calories with 5 grams of fat!  You can't really get much better than that when you are eating lasagna.  They have a bunch of different lasagnas, but this one is definitely my favorite.  The sauce is really delicious, and there is tons of spinach inside each layer which I really appreciated.  There is also a nice layer of cheese on top, which is essential with lasagna.  The problem with many frozen meals is that they appear to be low calorie, but once you open the packaging you see that the portion sizes are tiny.  This is not the case with the lasagna as it is a pretty big piece and it is very satisfying.  

To make this for dinner, all you have to do is put it in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, let it stand for 1 minute and then you are ready to eat!  I highly recommend trying some of Amy's frozen meals, whether it be the lasagna, pizza pockets, or burritos, because they are all really delicious, and organic!

No comments:

Post a Comment