Monday, June 3, 2013

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Since I do not eat any seafood and rarely eat red meat, I usually end up eating some sort of chicken dish everyday.  While it is sometimes a struggle to keep things interesting, this Baked Chicken Parmesan is definitely one of my favorite chicken dishes to make.  It is very easy, super tasty, and you would never even know that it is actually healthy!

I never really ever ordered Chicken Parm in a restaurant partly because I knew how unhealthy it was (since it is usually fried) and partly because I have never been a huge fan of large amounts of cheese.  But, when I started cooking more often and found this recipe from skinnytaste.com (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html) my opinion for the dish has totally changed.  {And just as a side note, skinnytaste.com is my absolute favorite source for healthy and delicious recipes.  She has such amazing recipes posted for every different food category and meal, and she even posts the nutritional info and the weight watchers points for each dish.  I have made probably at least 20 different things from her site, and everything that I have made so far has turned out great and they were so easy to follow.  Highly recommend this blog if you are looking for healthy, delicious, and easy recipes!}

Anyway, back to the chicken parmesan...this is my second time making this dish and it was just as good as I had remembered.  The cutlet is baked in the oven on very high heat which allows the outside to retain its crispiness without being fried, and each piece gets 1 tbsp of sauce and 1 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese which is more than enough.  It is the best to eat right when it comes out of the oven because that is when it is the crispiest and the cheese is the most melted.  But, since it makes 8 portions (I halved it to make 4 instead) the leftovers are still just as delicious.



I had mine with 1/2 cup of penne with1tbsp marinara sauce, and some steamed broccoli.  The overall meal is extremely filling, delicious, and healthy which makes it that much better!  I highly recommend trying the recipe (follow the link above), and checking out the recipes on skinnytaste.com.  Trust me, you will love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment