Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Trader Joe's Pulled Pork

A few weeks back when my sister and I went on our first Trader Joe's shopping binge, we picked up a package of Pulled Pork from the refrigerated section.  When we originally saw it, we got excited because we like Pulled Pork and had been wanting to make it for a while, but the thought of making it ourselves was a bit daunting.  So, when we saw that Trader Joe's had pre-cooked pulled pork that you just reheat, we were immediately sold (and it didn't even expire until the end of July).  They also had Pulled Chicken Breast which we wanted to get, but they were sold out at the time.

So, today I finally got around to heating this up for dinner.  The package makes 3 servings at about 1/3 cup each which was plenty.  I put it on one of Martin's Potato Rolls (the smaller size) and had some steamed broccoli on the side.

The pulled pork was really delicious.  I was worried that it would taste fake or fatty, but it actually tasted like real pork meat.  The sauce was also really good and there was a lot of it, which I enjoyed.  The only thing that I would warn you about is that the sauce definitely has a kick to it.  I wouldn't say that is is spicy, but seeing as my sister is extremely sensitive to spice, I had to warn her about it.  It is also very messy, but that is expected with a pulled pork sandwich.  You WILL have sauce all over your hands when you are done, but it is totally worth it.  

I dont remember exactly what I spent on this, but I think it was around $3.99 for the package of pulled pork.  I definitely recommend buying this if you are in the mood for some pulled pork but you don't want to go through the hassle of making it yourself.  Next time, I will buy the pulled chicken and test it out, though I'm sure it will be just as delicious!

4 comments:

  1. I've searched all over the carton of the pulled pork and cannot find an expiration date. Do you know where it might be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've searched all over the carton of the pulled pork and cannot find an expiration date. Do you know where it might be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I bought some a while back.. can't exactly remember when, and I can't find any expiration date on the package..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I bought some a while back.. can't exactly remember when, and I can't find any expiration date on the package..

    ReplyDelete